Monday, 9 April 2012

No place like home....

Well I've been home for a week now and I can safely say that I've never been more bored. Don't get me wrong I'm glad I'm back, it's nice to see the family and old friends but there's nothing to do here! I mean Lincoln isn't exactly full of things to do but least there's training to take up some of my time. Here there's just the occasional pub night catching up with the gang. I've thought about heading back to Lincoln early but most people are still at home and training isn't back until next term so I'd just end up spinning my heels in the flat being lonely and bored instead of just bored.

Can't say it's been a particularly eventful week in Billericay. Spent a few night up the pub catching up and celebrating Connor's birthday, went for a walk around Norsey Wood with Ali 'cause we were bored and took some photos but other then that it's been pretty dull here.

Norsey Wood was a laugh with Ali though. We're both quite interested in photography and decided it'd be a fun way to kill time. We spent the day kinda wandering on and off the beaten path which produced some mixed results. Some detours were good, others not so much and the same applies to the path. Ali took a more professional attitude to the day, choosing to take time and set up his shots carefully, whereas I was just kinda glad to be out and doing something so I took a more carefree attitude to it and ended up perched atop a fallen tree for a little while and spent the day taking random photos of things that I thought looked interesting. Also learnt some new techniques from Ali and got to use some of the skills I'd learnt during the Forensic Photography module but I still have quite a ways to go. The weather was pretty good as it didn't rain but the shifting cloud cover made the light intensity a challenge throughout the day as it kept changing making us have to be wary of over and under exposures. It was time well spent, we got some good photos and it killed some time which was great. Although I'm a little pissed that I missed a brilliant photo opportunity with a squirrel but the bastard ran off and disappeared up a tree. All in all it was a good day out.


We're planning on heading into London at some point in the next couple weeks and pretty much doing the same thing but in an urban environment. Landscape photography can be great and like I said we got some decent photos in the woods, but there just didn't seem to be anything around, hopefully there'll be more to photograph and turn out some really impressive stuff. Due to the environment we should be able to play with shutter speeds and exposure times to greater effect, hopefully get some really good shots from it provided it works of course.

Now it's Monday I've gotta start on the work I've got for the start of next term. Been working on my chemistry report for about 2hrs and made very little ground. It'd be a massive help if I knew what we were aiming to achieve in the experiment, then I'd have something to work with but hey ho. I'm sure I'll get it done eventually. I haven't even looked at the biology report yet, although I do know it can only be 4 pages long so how bad can it be? Famous last words right?

Catch ya later folks

No comments:

Post a Comment