Avengers Assemble came out this week, I've gone to see it twice. It's incredible. Possibly the best movie I've ever seen. It's brilliantly funny and awesomely action packed, if you haven't seen it yet, go see it. Now. Seriously, stop reading this and get your ass to the cinema to watch this movie. I'm a fan of superhero movies, especially the Marvel ones and especially the Iron Man movies, but this.....this was something else.
![]() |
| Iron Man is awesome. |
![]() |
| Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow. |
Which brings me along to another superhero-esque movie that I watched recently. Kick-Ass. It's a film about a guy who wonders why there are no real life super heroes and so sets out to change that. Personally, I think the film raises a good point. There are nowhere near enough genuinely nice guys (or girls, guys is just a general term referring to everyone but I thought I oughta make that clear) out there that would try to lend a hand when someone else is in need. I mean, I do what I can to be a nice guy. I know I can be an ass at times but we all have our moments. I don't set out to be a nice guy because I expect to gain anything from it, but because being an out and out asshole doesn't achieve anything. I don't want to sound like a cliche but the world would be a much nicer, safer place to live if people weren't such assholes all the time. It doesn't take much, a simple thank you for holding a door open for example. It's not much but it makes a difference none the less. Of course the movie takes a far more active and dramatic approach to the issue really, but it is a movie, what did you expect? They make money by being entertaining, watching an hour and a half movie of some guy being nice to people is hardly entertaining....Vigilante justice being illegal and stuff kinda prevents that kind of thing from happening but you can't help but wonder what if someone went out there as a caped crusader and helped? Would the world be a safer place or would there just be another nutter running around out there, trying to help but going unnoticed? It's definitely an interesting thought, but I guess for now super heroes will just have to stay in comic books.
On a more realistic note, we finally got the keys to the house for our next two (three in Alex's case) in Lincoln. I personally can't wait to move in. We've already been up there to look around and check everything's on the up and up. It looks great and we've already christened the place with a couple beers and a pizza to celebrate. Now we just have to wait til September to move in which should be awesome. Living with the guys next year should be a really good laugh. I'd post some pictures of the place on here but I've probably rambled enough for now, maybe next week.
Catch ya later folks.


No comments:
Post a Comment