Went to see my first lacrosse match this week. It was definitely different. I don't really understand all that much about it and if you asked me about it I wouldn't be able to tell you much other than the scoreline....other than that? It's been a pretty standard and uneventful week.
The match was good to watch, it's nice to finally know what it is Sam spends most of his time doing. It seemed pretty brutal, I can now understand why Sam is always so battered and bruised after a match. It was fast paced in places but when you get nearer the goal things seemed to slow right down and take ages to get moving again although I guess that's the same for every sport with similar play. Like I said it was good to watch but I would never think to pick up a stick and play it properly. I've thrown about with Sam and co. a couple times but nothing particularly organised or serious. Think I'll be sticking to Ultimate, it seems faster paced and well much more suited to me. I wouldn't be able to play lacrosse without constantly apologising to whoever I hit. Sadly Lincoln lost the match but it was hard fought, or at least seemed to be pretty hard fought.
Oh! I just remembered went down to the river on Sunday to watch Dan race. Well I say watch Dan race, there was about 30secs of him and his crew rowing past and us shouting encouragement and that was about all there was to see really. Dan looked absolutely dead which is understandable since we were about 300m from the finish line when he went past going hell for leather. From what I've heard his boat did really well, didn't win but was up there in the rankings so that's good.
Christmas is slowly creeping closer which means I get to break out my Santa hat and start singing Christmas songs again. They've already put up most of the lights in the town centre which is awesome, can't wait for them to be lit up. I can't wait for it to finally get here, it's my favourite time of year. The nights draw in and the morning air seems kind of crisp and fresh. You don't need more than a step outside to wake you up in the morning although it's a chore to get out of bed....Although thinking about it Mum, Dad and the rest of the family will have probably put all the decorations up by the time I get back home...that sucks, it's one of my favourite parts. However I do get to walk in to see the place all Christmas-ified since the last time I saw it was the end of Summer where things were no different to any other day of the year so that'll be nice. It'll also be great to see everyone from back home again and catch up. It's been far to freaking long since I saw everyone.
Well that pretty much covers it for the week...been up to my usual stuff other than those couple things. Hopefully this week will have a little more in store but only time will tell I guess.
Catch ya later
No comments:
Post a Comment