Monday, 10 December 2012

Home for Christmas

Monday again, after an awesome week I'm now back in Billericay. Highlights of the week? Blood Spatter analysis practical, Frisbee Christmas meal, spending the weekend with Christina and coming home for Christmas.

This week we had two practicals this week, but one of them I spoke about in last week's post so I'll tell you about the other one. This one was on blood spatter analysis. Cool right? Well it would have helped if I'd have attended the lecture on blood spatter patterns but it was the day after Frank Turner and I was still in bed and so I missed it. I was tired okay? Anyways the practical itself involved going round to 3 different mock scenarios and examining the spatter to try and determine what happened. The first one we went to was a bathroom sink scene with red wall paper and a carpet with flecks of red in it, this meant that you wouldn't be able to see any of the blood easily. Normally the application of luminol would be used, however that would require re-building the scene after each time so the lecturers cheated a little and mixed the blood with a fluorescent dye so that you could examine it time and time again with a UV crime light and a filter. The second one however was a white room with spatter everywhere and a chair in one corner. This scenario we had to actually try and figure out what happened by looking at the patterns of the spatter. The scenario was that a man attacked a woman who was seated, cutting her arm and causing spatter to be projected along the walls and floor, that's the long and short of it anyways. The third one was a bit more fun and involved a mannequin laying on the floor as a corpse. This time someone had bludgeoned the victim with a hammer, causing impact spatter on the wall and the person to stumble around then fall over and bleed out. The weapon was supposedly a claw hammer, which I spotted due to the pattern on the floor where the assailant had placed the hammer down to rifle through the victim's pockets.
Ellis was thoroughly enjoying herself.

So the Christmas meal was a great laugh with some great food and even better people. I'd post some photos of it but Adam hasn't uploaded them yet, but I'll upload some of them when I can. Anyways it was a good laugh as it always is with the Frisbee family. Wetty said that it was a smart casual event so everyone dressed up for the occasion, even me but I was more casual than smart as I turned up in a Santa onesie. It was a Christmas party so why not? Not everyone was fully on board with it but hey ho, I checked with Wetty and he said it was fine. We did secret santa which was good laugh too. Some people got some ridiculous gifts such as an escort magazine and some got some serious gifts, I personally got an LED flashing tankard and it is awesome. You push a button on the base to make the lights...light up and its got a couple different settings from strobe to set and well it looks awesome. I personally really enjoyed the night and from what I've heard so did everyone else. There were a couple moments where things got a little tense but otherwise it was a really good fun night.

Friday was like any other Friday during the day. The evening was alot different though. Me and Christina exchanged Christmas presents as we're not going to see each other over the Christmas holidays (it's going to suck!). She got me an awesome Space Invaders t-shirt which I love because Space Invaders are awesome and everyone knows it and I got her the sound track from the movie Spirited Away because she loves that movie. Me, Lex and Amy later went up steep hill to try and raise some money for the club but we did a pitiful job of it, it was pretty pointless standing there for an hour. Really we just got cold and bored so we called it a night and headed for home after raising just 3 quid. So much for the spirit of giving eh? I then headed back to Christina's to chill at hers for the night and relax over the weekend, just enjoying the time before we had to leave Lincoln for Christmas. I met her parents, which I was terrified about seeing as I've never met a girlfriend's parents before but apparently they thought I was lovely....clearly don't know me well enough. She met my folks too, who thought she was lovely and they aren't wrong. It's going to suck not seeing her all over christmas but we'll do our best to be in touch as much as possible.

Well that's pretty much it for now really. Time to settle in back home for a couple weeks before heading back to the hustle and bustle of city life with a couple exams the first week back....can I get a hell yeah? Least when I get back to Lincoln I'm straight back into Frisbee for out home warm up tournament. I'm just hoping I play well and don't get injured....

Catch ya later folks

No comments:

Post a Comment