So last week had its ups and downs. Started the week with a couple really crappy days. My laptop is slowly dying and needs a replacement part so that I can start charging it again. I'm looking online to find the piece I need but I either have to ship it from America or pay silly amounts of money for it. The alternative is to put it in for repair which would cost around £100 so I'm going to avoid that for as long as I can, if not all together. I could always get a new laptop which I've been thinking of doing for a little while considering this one is about 3yrs old and been a bit of a problem child but we'll see what the future holds I guess.
Work has been pretty much the same thing really. Worked a late shift the other night which was....different. I think I prefer the morning times, they're easier to handle. I mostly end up dealing with the chilled and bread deliveries with a little bit of till work every now and then. It's going okay, or at least I think it is anyway. My manager hasn't said that I'm doing badly so hopefully that's good right? He seems happy with my work so I'm content with that. I got to work a chiller launch tomorrow night....taking all of the stuff out of the chilled section, re-working all the shelves and stock then putting everything back. It's going to be a long one from what everyone has said about it. Not sure if I should be looking forward to it or what...? But still, money is money and I can't really complain about that.
I went swimming for the first time in forever (somewhere close to two years? If not longer) today and stars above was it great! I'd forgotten how much I love swimming. I'm massively out of practice and it showed how unfit I am but it was definitely worth it. I'm going to try and go more often while I'm off for the summer, hopefully it'll help keep me fit for when I get back to Uni and start playing Ultimate again! Based on today I'm already dreading that first session back...going to be a breathless one no doubt.
Today is also the start of Wimbledon! One of (if not my only) favourite sporting events of the year. I'm sure I've spoken about my love of tennis once or twice on here before so I'm not going to bother with it all again. I'm really hoping the weather brightens up for the tournament though other wise it's going to be a very slow and uneventful tournament being rained off every ten minutes.
Pretty much it for now, I'm going to sit here and watch the tennis while I enjoy the rest of my day off.
Catch ya later folks
No comments:
Post a Comment