Wimbledon! A lot of....unpredictable events went down this year at Wimbledon. Nadal going out in the first round, Sharapova getting knocked out alongside Federer not too soon afterwards. Saw Laura Robson make it further than any British woman since Sam Smith's day. It was a pretty interesting tournament....but that was soon to become a pretty incredible one for Andy Murray. He did it! He went all the way to top and took Novak Djokovic in straight sets! Murray played an incredible match! Possibly the best I've seen him play in a very long time. Djokovic was playing well but not as good as he could have done and that's all Murray needed to take him apart. I must admit the final point was....disappointing. It was a winning point but it was due to an unforced error and wasn't exactly the most impressive point to watch. No epic duel between the two playing various different shots against each other, dragging onto a marathon of a rally. It was a simple serve and failed return, but sometimes that's all it takes. Don't get me wrong though, there were some amazing rallies in the rest of the match! A fantastic display of skill and athleticism of the sport! I'm glad he's done it. His second grand slam title this season, first the US Open and now Wimbledon! Hopefully this is the start of many more to come!
![]() |
| Day one at the site. |
![]() |
| The site on one of the show days. |
![]() |
| Sunset on day one. |
![]() |
| Another great sunset. |
I've recently been having trouble with my laptop, the power connector jack was pretty badly mangled and so making it impossible to connect a charger without making scary electrical noises crackling noises. So I decided to replace the part...it seemed like a good idea at the time considering how much it was going to cost to get it repaired in a shop. I ordered the part and began the task of taking her apart. It took a while and I swore and shouted a little bit in the process but I managed it eventually (with a little help from a YouTube guide). I fit the replacement part and then the fun part started...putting her back together again. A wise man once wrote that "Constructing something complicated is a work of art, but any monkey with a big stick can take it apart" or words to that effect...it's been awhile since I read the book that line is in, but in this exercise I found it incredibly accurate! Why the hell does this thing need so many screws? Seriously!? Better yet, why the hell didn't I write down where everything went!? Yeah, I've got two screws leftover and a couple days ago one of the screws I didn't think I'd put back properly fell out the bottom scaring the hell out of me (but proving me right so there's a silver lining in that one). So with my baby back together again and able to connect a charger I thought my troubles were over but alas! She won't charge. My battery works fine and charges fine in Mum's laptop. My charger fits but the power output can't be recognised by my laptop which makes no sense as it used to be before I mangled the jack and replaced it with the new one. Truth be told I don't know what the hell to do now. I don't want taking her apart and putting her back together again to have been a wasted effort....I'm taking her down to PC world tomorrow to see what they can do for me and hopefully they'll manage to figure it out for not too high a cost, if not I guess I'll just have to run her from the mains and save up to replace her. She's done well for a laptop, 3 years old, nearing 4! So by laptop standards she's practically ancient!
I've got another job that really needs doing before I go back. Dissertation research, which by all accounts it a real bitch. I'm kind of looking forward to it though, it's not every day I get to carry out my own research project completely designed and carried out by me. That and hopefully I can turn up something really interesting in the research that I can use to make something really awesome! We'll have to wait and see til I get started! It's my new priority task, photo editing and other stuff can wait til I'm either less busy or need to unwind.
I realise this post isn't out on Monday as usual but I thought I'd better get it out as soon as possible before my fans (if I can call my readers that) begin to lose faith. I'll be back to the weekly Monday schedule this Monday, yeah the post will be out a couple days after this one and not all that much will be in it but it's principle right?
So yeah that's pretty much it for now, I could write more and probably should since it's been so long but I feel like I'm beginning to ramble (when aren't I, right?) so should probably stop. I'd say any questions/feedback anyone wants to give me would be great but since no-one ever really says much, whats the point?
Catch ya later folks




No comments:
Post a Comment