So last week I was freaking out over my assignment that I hadn't finished and was hating completely. It had gotten to the point that it was beginning to mess with my sleeping pattern. I'm not big on anthropology, it's not that I don't understand it or anything, I just don't find it interesting in the slightest. It's done, it's over so now I can forget about it. It's not going to be my greatest piece of work by any measure but hopefully it'll pass and I can focus on other things. Oh well.
Last week had some awesome moments that took the edge off a bit and made it a little easier to relax and focus on getting the assignment done. The Wednesday night social was a great laugh as always and judging by everyone's behaviour Thursday it was quite messy later on. So lived up to tradition really. Had a really good laugh, which I needed so it's all good!
Saturday was great too! Mr. and Mrs. Spud popped up to visit, first time I'd seen them in months so that was great. We went out and got lunch, did some shopping and caught up really. What sucked was that I wasn't feeling homesick at all really, then they left and that night it hit me! Was just laying on the sofa watching TV and thinking about home and all the things I missed. Probably didn't help that every song that seemed to come on my iTunes was a bit slow and thought provoking. Good job there iTunes! However something happened later that cheered me straight up. The Advert came on.
The Coca Cola Christmas advert has been the sign that Christmas is coming since forever. As soon as it comes on then it means I can start singing Christmas songs and of course, wearing my Santa Hat. I haven't seen the advert yet but as soon as I do the hat is coming out! It's a well known fact that Christmas is my favourite time of the year, 'cause the nights get longer and the weather turns colder and everything starts to feel all cozy. Already heard that it might start snowing soon which would be awesome! Of course the weather always says that and they're more often than not wrong and it starts snowing in January right through to late February/early March. Better late than never though right?
My good mood was slightly stunted after yesterday though. Not sure if I mentioned that I injured the tendon and ligaments in my right middle finger a while ago? Well I did and got told to keep up taking anti-inflammatories to let it heal. It had almost healed as well....then I went and caught a disc badly at training Sunday and boom! Back to where we started from. Barely able to grip anything or use my right hand. I'm having to one finger type with my right hand like a 10yr old again....strange how much of a difference it makes! Going to go out and get some surgical tape and bandages and tape it up. Hopefully immobilising it and taking Ibuprofen will help it heal quicker! I probably won't be back on form for Thursday's Superleague game but can only wait and see!
Well thats it for now folks. Got an exam coming up at the end of the week which is going to be....fun....?
Catch ya later
No comments:
Post a Comment