First off I'd like to say a massive thank you to Ben and his team of groomsmen for organising and running an awesome weekend. It was great fun, I'd been looking forward to this since I left Lincoln in early June. After having spent the time off doing little to no physical exercise to say I was excited about getting out and actually doing something is an understatement.
It was great fun playing with Jake, Louis, Amanda, Lex and Karl (saturday only) this weekend, we worked quite well as a team and although we didn't do fantastic in the rankings we had alot of fun doing it (well at least I did). We played some very good games but ultimately (no pun intended) the opposition was just that bit better. After playing a couple of games we sort of gelled together abit more and then we were able to throw out some brilliant defensive play which meant we got more chances to let rip with some offense which over time we managed to improve. We got our first win early Sunday after coming back from 5 - 2 down to win 6 - 5....I think? I don't remember, I know we were behind and came through to win which was a great boost to our morale.
Now I ache something fierce.
As most will know I've been following Wimbledon relatively closely and found out on Friday that it was going to be a Murray/Federer final.....which was set to be incredible and something I'd been hoping to see for a while. Two of my favourite players in the final together? Hell yeah! Of course being up in Lincoln for the final without access to a TV or the time to spare to watch it, I had to try and avoid finding out the results. I managed to make it most of the day until Dave said Murray had taken the first set but luckily that's all I found out. Got home and despite being dog tired I decided to stay up and watch the match and I am so glad I did! Federer played brilliantly as always and Murray really managed to pull out some fantastic points. It was a really good match to watch and in the end Federer was just that bit better and took his 7th grand slam title.
I'd try and say more but I'm too tired to really come up with anything. There won't be a post for a while since I'm going to the War and Peace show for a couple weeks. Hopefully I'll have a bit more to say when I get back.
Catch ya later folks
No comments:
Post a Comment