Tuesday, 28 May 2013

Another year older....

As the title suggests, I'm now the ripe old age of 20....I'm not quite sure how to feel about this. They say another year older, another year wiser...but how true is it? I don't feel any different to how I used to...or at least I don't think I do. I guess you'd have to ask those that know and love me about that really.

I'm sat at home for the summer now, looking forward to the long relaxing break from all that work and stress from Uni and exams and all that. I'm just glad to be home and relaxing in what passes for the summer weather. Admittedly the past couple days have had really nice weather. It's been good to be back, there really is no place like home. Those home comforts that you miss while away somewhere else...it also helps that I'm home for my birthday this year! It's Mum's birthday the day before mine and she says she's enjoyed herself which is the main thing. My sister and the kids came round today after getting back from their weekend away. I got some awesome DC socks and Spongebob pj trousers.
I've finally gotten to wear my Windy City Wildfire jersey that I ordered from Chicago because I wanted one and they look bad-ass so I bought one. It was kinda expensive but hey ho. This shirt is the comfiest thing known to man! It's silky smooth, fits really well and has my name and number on the back. The Wildfire's are also top of the Midwestern league with 6 wins to 1 loss and a +39 goal difference! My fantasy ultimate team has quite a few of their members on it and this week placed me 10th out of 2815 other teams! Hell yeah!

Christina came down Monday morning and stayed til Tuesday afternoon. She brought cake! Marble cake! My favourite kind of cake! She got me Jaffa Cakes, some Family Guy socks and some shaving balm for irritated skin after shaving. Just goes to show how well she knows me! Stupid itchy baby smooth skin....seriously what's up with that? After shaving to stop itchy beardiness why does the skin decide to be all itchy? Make up your damned mind skin!

Anyways, we spent a lovely day out in the sun with Rich and Amy. We went for a drink in the Boar and for a walk round Lake Meadows. It was awesome! Although we may have come back a little burnt...however after slapping some after sun on the burns soothed them....I woke up this morning to find my arms pretty much healed up and Christina still with some small burnt parts to which she asked "What kind of mutant hybrid alien are you!?"....kinda offended by that. Today we braved the rough streets of Basildon, the weather I thought was rather fitting personally, it was rainy and grey. It was surprisingly not so bad down there, the hordes were tamed by the weather it would seem, less rowdy than usual. They've made some drastic changes to Gloucester park....Not sure if I like the changes or not. Still, we avoided getting stabbed and managed to get some tasty Taco Bell so that's a win in my book. Christina didn't drive off screaming and crying because of the experience so that's good right?

Well that's pretty much it for now, my love for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles has been rekindled due to me watching most of the first series from the 2003 reboot. Damn I love those heroes in a half-shell! I'm such a big kid it's insane....first the Jackie Chan Adventures, now TMNT? Next I'll go to Yu-Gi-Oh, but there's nothing wrong with that right?

Cowabunga dudes!

Catch ya later folks

No comments:

Post a Comment