Monday, 6 May 2013

Here we go again...

So it's that time again....Exam season is upon us. I could use a cliched Game of Thrones "Winter is coming" meme but I don't want to so sue me. Am I worried? Not as much as I probably should be but what else is new? It's a well known fact that I don't really get worried around exams, infuriatingly so for some people. It's this time of year that I always remember sitting outside an exam hall in sixth form, waiting to go into a Biology exam. Most others in my class had been furiously revising for a long time and even doing some last minute cramming in the common room before the exam....then there's me. I rock on up to the hall, find my seat number and wait outside with everyone else, find a nice wall to lean myself against and stand there casually flipping my drinks bottle in my hand. Tossing it up, letting it make one slow lazy rotation before it comes to rest in my hand once more only for me to repeat the process all over again, a lazy absent minded-ness to the action and yet completely focused on it. I have all the exam essentials in my pockets and it's a nice lovely summer's day so I'm wearing my trusty combat shorts and a bright t-shirt....nice and relaxed and completely chilled out before going into quite an important exam.

Then Alaina looks up at me and asks "What the hell, Spud?". Alaina works too hard as I've often told her and was one of the people who were less than at ease waiting for this exam...so seeing me stood there relaxed and looking as if I don't care about the exam must have annoyed her slightly since she was so on edge. Little did we know this exam was going to be a bitch because it was pretty much all on one topic, not the whole module...but still there wasn't anything worrying about it before the exam could achieve, or after it for that matter because at that point the exam had been and gone and our answers were effectively written in stone. Anyways I can see where she was coming from and I guess it is a little disconcerting standing there worried about your exams when you look over and see someone standing there almost uncaring about it.

I wasn't doing it to offend or annoy anyone, but maybe to try to reassure people. Maybe it doesn't always come across that way and maybe it comes across as cocky and arrogant but really I'm just hoping it'll help try to calm the nerves of some of those around me...it's gained mixed reactions, some similar to Alaina's and others have actually seemed calmed by it which is good since that was the plan.

Well exams don't start til next Tuesday and the nerves are beginning to fray in some...me on the other hand? I'm fine for now. I'm not as prepared as I'd like to be but I've still got a week to change that and hopefully that's enough time to help prepare myself for the upcoming exams. I'm still doing what I can to try and reassure those that aren't coping with the stress as well as some but I just hate being unable to do more....I did take Christina to see Iron Man 3 for a second time in order to try and help, hopefully it worked to take the edge off the stress a little bit.

Catch ya later folks

No comments:

Post a Comment