So as always not much has happened this week. I worked and that's been it really.
Today though I went to see Kick Ass 2 with Lucy, Connor and Toby. It was a great movie, but it annoys me when they keep calling themselves superheroes. They are just vigilantes...none of them have special powers or anything, they are merely dudes with bats or other weapons. Other than that the film is great! It's funny and violent much like the first, but more over the top. To try and apply any sort of serious tone to the movie is a wasted effort. You really can't..the movie is stupid and crazy but it's entertaining and fun so who cares? I love how insane Hit Girl is as a character. She's mental. I mean it's to be expected given everything she's been through...her dad being some kind of serial killer vigilante who exposed her to that kind of thing regularly is going to leave some kind of permanent mental damage to her. Still I think she's probably the best character in the movie. Kick Ass is just shit, all he ever seems to do is get the crap kicked out of him. The biggest disappointment has to be the lack of Nic Cage. They could have incorporated a bunch of flashbacks with him being his crazy self and that would have been great.
I will say this though, the film has one very weird and messed up sub plot and it should probably be removed. Union J have no place in that movie.
Lets face it, we all love Nic Cage, he's great.
I'd like to write more about it but I can't think of anything to say really....I go back to Lincoln on Sunday which should be awesome. Can't wait to see the frisbee family again...kinda nervous about being team captain for Lads on Tournament but hopefully I'll be fine.
Catch ya later folks
No comments:
Post a Comment