Most people know that the first thing you do when you buy a new game is play it to death, logging hour after hour on it and blitzing the campaign in the first few days. No doubt there are people doing it now or already have and are playing it through a second time, but I'm not one of them. It's not that I'm not enjoying the game or that I don't have the patience to dedicate time to it so things can start hitting up...it's just for me there's too much to do. Don't get me wrong I hate it when there's a game that has little to nothing to it, you feel as though you're just getting started and then it's over. I like my games to have longevity or replay value, but when it comes to this I don't know....it just seems like in a world where you can do almost anything you like, I struggle to find something to do. There's no clear purpose or reason for anything you do.
I can pick up a game like Legend of Zelda where you're thrown from dungeon to dungeon fighting monster after monster and love it. I'll blast through the game then go back for more! But for some reason I don't seem to be as gripped by GTA V...I like knowing what my overall objective is, what I'm striving to achieve...I'm not sure what that says about my personality but hey...maybe I don't wanna know. I like exploration and finding new things but like I said, in GTA it just seems like there's a thousand things to do and no order to do them in. I think that's the thing that gets me the most...not knowing what I'm supposed to do or when to do it. Yeah in adventure/dungeon crawler games there's alot of exploration and open worlds but there's a semblance of order to things.
After playing it for a little bit more I've started to get into it alot more but it's still very much one of those games I can pick up and play very easily. It's not something I can stay up til 4am playing, you know?
Anyways, fresher's week starts this week. Means that Lincoln is going to start to feel alot more lively, especially at night. Lots of heavy drinking and loud music. Also means it's time to recruit some new members for the club. Hopefully we'll able to pull in a few fresh new faces to go to the beginners tournaments we've got lined up.
Aside from that there's not all that much else to say really. I watched The Big Lebowski for the first time this week. It was awesome! Such a great film! I can't believe I hadn't seen it before! Also introduced the housemates to Reservoir Dogs last night, something they'd never seen before. Ben said that there were a couple moments where he realised "So that's where that comes from...".
Catch ya later folks
After playing it for a little bit more I've started to get into it alot more but it's still very much one of those games I can pick up and play very easily. It's not something I can stay up til 4am playing, you know?
Anyways, fresher's week starts this week. Means that Lincoln is going to start to feel alot more lively, especially at night. Lots of heavy drinking and loud music. Also means it's time to recruit some new members for the club. Hopefully we'll able to pull in a few fresh new faces to go to the beginners tournaments we've got lined up.
Aside from that there's not all that much else to say really. I watched The Big Lebowski for the first time this week. It was awesome! Such a great film! I can't believe I hadn't seen it before! Also introduced the housemates to Reservoir Dogs last night, something they'd never seen before. Ben said that there were a couple moments where he realised "So that's where that comes from...".
Catch ya later folks
No comments:
Post a Comment