Anyone who knows me knows I'm a fan of sci-fi/fantasy stuff and that my favourite book series is the Dresden Files. They're a series of books all about a wizard P.I. who lives in Chicago and fights all those things that go bump in the night. Solving normal crimes commuted by supernatural beings or means. I read the first 12 or 13 books in 3months...yeah they're that good. Fairly sure I've done a massive review of sorts before so I'm not going do it again now.
Anyways, the series follows two brothers, Sam and Dean Winchester. They are "hunters", they go around hunting and killing supernatural beings. Ranging from your run of the mill ghosts to demi-gods. So yeah, its right up my alley. I haven't quite done what I did when I started watching Castle or reading the Dresden Files with Supernatural, I haven't really been able to. I should have started watching them in the Summer instead of the start of September when I got back to Uni but meh, we live and learn after all. I can safely say I'm well and truly hooked now though. It has this nasty habit of running about 400 different overarching plotlines at once that all intermingle and lock together at the last possible moment, becoming an awesome blend of awesome. I like to think I'm pretty good at figuring out detective-y things, but there've been a couple blindsiding moments from these that have really thrown me off. One of the great things about it is having the two main characters as brothers, means there's a lot of hilarious banter between the two. That and there is a lot of humour in the show anyway not just from those two but you know. I'd love to say more but it'd ruin the plot and that's kinda the whole point to watching it. I'd definitely recommend watching it if you like the whole supernatural beings and stuff.
In other news it was fresher's week this week, meaning time to recruit some new faces to the frisbee family. Went to the sports fair and spent a good portion of the day handing out leaflets and talking to whoever went past and trying to convince them to join. We got a lot of interest and sign ups, that's not the most important part though. The most important part is that we got loads of people turn up to the taster session on Thursday! Quite a few of them seemed really interested in joining and quite a few turned up to Saturday's training session as well! Hopefully most of them will decide to join properly and attend regularly but we'll have to wait and see really.
Aside from that? It's pretty quiet around here. Lectures started again today....I'd forgotten a) how boring they are and b) how warm lecture theatres get! We found out that we're going to be doing just one module for the next 7weeks.....and that module is anthropology.....yay.....
The next 7 weeks are going to draaaaaaaaagggggggggg.....
Catch ya later folks
In other news it was fresher's week this week, meaning time to recruit some new faces to the frisbee family. Went to the sports fair and spent a good portion of the day handing out leaflets and talking to whoever went past and trying to convince them to join. We got a lot of interest and sign ups, that's not the most important part though. The most important part is that we got loads of people turn up to the taster session on Thursday! Quite a few of them seemed really interested in joining and quite a few turned up to Saturday's training session as well! Hopefully most of them will decide to join properly and attend regularly but we'll have to wait and see really.
Aside from that? It's pretty quiet around here. Lectures started again today....I'd forgotten a) how boring they are and b) how warm lecture theatres get! We found out that we're going to be doing just one module for the next 7weeks.....and that module is anthropology.....yay.....
The next 7 weeks are going to draaaaaaaaagggggggggg.....
Catch ya later folks
No comments:
Post a Comment