![]() |
| This guy wore this all day... |
Saturday however was a little different for me. One of my housemates said to me about it and then someone mentioned on Facebook about a Steam Punk fair going on in Lincoln. So I decided to find out what it was about (aside from the obvious) and discovered it'd be running all weekend up at the castle. Sine I hadn't been out for a play with my camera in a while I decided what the hell, it's not something you see everyday after all. I grabbed my camera and headed up there (I forgot how much of a bitch Steep Hill is...) to take some photos and see what was going on. The weather was pretty good compared to the past couple days of rain that we've had so that was a nice bonus. I also posted Dad's birthday present home to him (Happy Birthday) while I was there...I was meant to do it a couple days before but the envelope sat on my desk staring at me while I neglected to leave the house for a couple days.
![]() |
| Some pretty cool costumes |
![]() |
| This is the guy with the heavy looking helmet |
One of the other things I'd noticed whilst walking around was the number of people carrying around what looked like steam powered weaponry. Some people had really put a lot of work into designing their weapons and others had simply stuck on some steam gauges and copper paint on some toy guns. I mean yeah it's fair enough not everyone has the kind of funds to dedicate to it as some people so at least you guys made the effort, but that doesn't detract from the fact that steam powered weaponry was abandoned for a reason.
![]() |
| These guys made me chuckle |
Still I think it's pretty amazing the sheer amount of work people have put into this idea, it's definitely something I'd like to see more of. The fair wasn't exactly huge but there were a lot of people walking about.
I also took the opportunity while I was there to walk around the castle walls and see what I could. Annoyingly some large parts of the walls are under reconstruction work and inaccessible, meaning some of the awesome views around the place were unavailable. There's a particular one of the Cathedral that I wanted to photograph but that section of the wall was closed off. The rest of the way round really gave some breath taking views! From up there you could almost begin to see the curvature of the earth. Just wish I had Dad's super zoom lens with me to take advantage of it all. Ah well!
It feels good to have a couple photos back on this thing, my apologies for the massive lack of them!
Catch ya later folks




No comments:
Post a Comment