Well last week was the first week of lectures and it's good to be back in the swing of things.
I had my first dissertation meeting on Thursday and have got quite a few ideas to play with and develop, hopefully come up with something pretty interesting to investigate. Sadly I won't be getting to investigate ballistic damage on clothing fibres but hey ho. Guess I'll just have to come up with something else. I've also written the first 200 words of my introduction too. Not sure if they're any good but I'll probably end up going back and rewriting them a couple times but that's the nature of the work.
Been a pretty awesome week with the Frisbee family, we've got a lot of new members who seem really quite interested in joining properly and carrying on with it! We've also got a couple beginners tournaments coming up, the first of which is this coming weekend in Sheffield. I'm going to be co-captaining the team with Dan and Tomo when we get there which should be awesome! Beginners tournaments are always a lot of fun and you learn a helluva lot from them. I'm really quite looking forward to going back there for this one! We've also got Manchester coming up next weekend, for which we're returning champions. Then the weekend after that we've got Regionals! It's looking to be a busy month for us but hopefully it'll be an awesome one! Really looking forward to it! Hopefully my hand heals up before Sheffield, it's mostly healed now so it should be good to play in time! As for Regionals who knows? Can always hope I make it on one of the teams but if not then I'm not surprised, I've hardly been on top form so far this season.
This morning was a bastard. Not sure if anyone has read my post from a couple months back about the hell that is Sleep Paralysis, if not and you're interested then you might want to give it a read. I'm not going to re-iterate everything I said in that post but I nearly forgot how terrifying it is to wake up unable to move or shout. This time was one of the more vivid and intense ones...I could have sworn I felt a hand on my shoulder and hear a voice in my ear. I can't remember what I heard but it scared the living hell out of me...I also distinctly remember a heavy pressure near the base of my spine...The worst part though? Once I could move again I rolled over only to be woken up by another attack of it. The second one wasn't anywhere nearly as bad as the first but still...it's one of, if not the most terrifying thing I've ever experienced. It's been so long since my last attack and I still have no idea what causes it...
Looks like I've got some more research to do later but for now I'm going to chill out and relax before my lecture. Then probably do some more Dissertation work when I get in.
Catch ya later folks
No comments:
Post a Comment