| The trophy. It's got my name on it and everything. |
I won! Says it all really. The Sports and Societies awards was Friday. I was looking forward to the night, I mean wouldn't you be? Been nominated for an award for like the first time ever. I walked in and had a chat with John "Wetty" Fernadez who was also nominated for the same award and then found somewhere to sit. I ended up sitting with the Rowing Club as I'm flatmates with a couple of them and they had space. Eventually they read out the nominations for Sport Personality, at this point I admit I was kinda nervous. I never thought that I'd hear them call out my name as the winner, I honestly didn't. I mean come on! It's me! I'm not an athletic person, never have been. I'm not great at Ultimate but I try my best which I guess is what I got nominated for but I honestly never thought I'd win. It came as a total surprise when they called my name. The rowing team stated cheering for me, the lacrosse guys (thanks to Ant, Annie and Sam for that one) also chimed in by chanting "SPUD! SPUD! SPUD!" at me as I walked towards the stage. I shook hands with the award giver guy and said thanks to the ultimate guys for nominating me and for supporting me as well as everyone else. Anyone who knows me, knows I'm a man of few words, so I kept it short and sweet and hopefully it sounded as genuine as it felt. Gotta admit it's one helluva boost for the upcoming tournament, LSD.
Well that's all I've got to say for now. Next week will hopefully be full of tales of victory from the tournament. Come on Lincoln Bombers 3! HUAH!
No comments:
Post a Comment