SSX came out last Friday. It's incredible. I love it. It's every bit as awesome as I hoped it would be. I haven't spent anywhere near as much time on it as I thought I would but maybe I'm growing up....pfft nah! Just haven't felt the urge to sit down and log a 12hr shift on it. Don't get me wrong, it's a great game and I love it to bits, just haven't wanted to sit there and play it for hours on end. One of the very few things that annoy with that game is that it constantly reminds me that I like the ability to snowboard and will probably never get to go snowboarding on a proper slope, let alone some of the truly awesome ranges on the game! Learning to snowboard has always been a dream of mine and someday I WILL learn to do it, it's on my list of "Things To Do Before I Die" after all. I absolutely love the RiderNet feature built into it. It's great. It updates you on what your friends are doing and tells you when they beat your time/score on a run. It's awesome constantly driving you to improve your skills all the time by competing with each other for the best times/scores. The global events tab is also great, giving you the ability to throw down with people from all over the world. I know it's nothing new but the way it works in this makes it feel it. I don't know how to describe it really....it's just awesome being able to take part in them....you'd have to play it for yourself to get what I mean really.
My interest in snowboarding began when I first saw the Winter Olympics when I was a kid and saw some of the snowboard events. I remember thinking "That looks amazing!". I'm not a devout follower of anything like it. In all honesty I know nothing about the sport, I'd love to learn more but there's hardly anything about it on TV over here. Only time I've seen anything for it is during the X Games or Winter Olympics. I remember staying up 'til 3am February '10 watching the Men's Snowboarding Half-Pipe event. It was the best display of snowboarding I've ever seen. It was insane. Shaun White absolutely dominated it. He coulda won the event using just his first run of the final round. He didn't even need to go out for his second (well he did because he probably woulda been disqualified if he didn't but....shhh) but he did and showed off the new trick he developed called "The Tomahawk". It was incredible! So glad I stayed up til somewhere around 4 to watch it. Like I said, I'd love to learn to snowboard, I just need to journey out to one of the indoor slopes over here somewhere sometime and take lessons or something. Winter Olympics 2014 in Russia should be cool, I'll definitely have to stay up 'til silly o'clock again to watch it.
Is it bad that I've already put a lot of thought into learning the skill and then going to snowboard on a load of different mountains around the world? People go traveling round the world backpacking across countries and stuff so what's to stop you from doing it with a snowboard? I'd start off in the Alps and work my way round finishing in the Rockies before coming home. I won't be taking off anytime soon I mean stars this trip'd be expensive! Maybe in a few years time when I've had time to save some money for it. I don't think I'd be able to go alone but equally don't think I'd be able to go with anyone, with the risk of sounding cliche it'd be a journey of self discovery and all that.
I know a couple people who've been off traveling. They both went to Australia and said it's one of the best things they've done, well one of them is still out there but from what I've heard he's having the time of his life. Becky, my second sister, (she's not really my sister but she's been friends with my sister for so long she pretty much is) came back and even though she was still the same person she'd changed quite a bit. Can't see me changing much over my travels though. I've had the mental age of a 12yr old for years (about 6 actually) and everyone who knows me, knows that. I like to think it's one of the things they love about me.
I don't spend all my time dreaming of the future, I do actually work....promise. I had a maths test the other day, scored 65%. I'm happy with that, only need 40% to pass this year since it's not really worth anything. Scored 74% for my photography portfolio too which I'm quite proud of. It was my favourite piece of work so far after all. Also scored 89% on my first lab report, which I'm more then happy with. Worked hard on that thing.
Well that's all I got to say...for now at least.
Catch ya later folks
PS. Did you catch the pun in the title? ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment