Wednesday, 22 February 2012

This sucks....

So yesterday was possibly the worst day I've had in forever. Lectures weren't exactly the most fun thing in the world so I was really looking forward to an awesome indoor training session. It didn't happen...I ended up bouncing my skull off the sports hall floor like a basketball during the first drill of the session. Made one helluva noise from the impact, seriously it friggin echoed around the sports hall, caught the disc though. Everyone sorta stopped and looked around like "Woah, Spud. You okay?", I was fine, bounced right up and passed the disc on like a boss. I carried on playing until about 10mins from the end of the session then came home and iced my head to stop it from exploding on me. The headache still lingers a little but they may be down to what happened afterwards...

So I get home and ice my head thinking "Well Suits is on later and you love that so maybe tonight'll be pretty awesome. It seemed like it was gunna be a good night. Watched suits after dinner and then watched Iron Man 1 & 2 with the gang, was pretty awesome. Then the night took a turn for the worse when Dan got up to make some tea and said that his vision had gone all blurry and that he had a headache. He went for a lie down to see if it would shift it, it didn't. So we called 111 and they said to cart him up to A&E. We did....at 2.30am. I left him in the capable hands of Alex and Willis around 3-3.20am and trekked home. Got in and stayed up til about 5 wondering what the hell was wrong. Eventually fell asleep to wake up again at 8. Dan was back home, Willis and Alex hadn't slept and were playing Crash Bandicoot. We're still not sure what's wrong but they prescribed Dan some codene (or whatever) after finally seeing him around 7am.

I didn't manage to make it to outdoor training today due to being injured and sleep deprived, which sucks since the team for outdoor regionals was being picked. Thought I might have stood a chance of getting a place on the team too but hey ho. Always next year right? 

So as you can see it's been an eventful but not particularly fun couple days. Let's just hope the rest of the week shows some improvement.

Catch ya later folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment