As much as outdoor Ultimate is a pain because of the temperature and the wind it's a helluva lot of fun. I'm surprised more people don't turn up 'cause if they did then they'd realise how much fun outdoors is. Yeah it involves a lot of sprinting up and down a football pitch and can be tiring but once you get into it, it's a really good laugh and a lot of fun. Really helps to work on your skills as when you pass you gotta account for the wind and it also challenges your ability to read the disc and place yourself to catch it. I'm not the best by any means but I'm getting there, certainly improving my fitness if not my hand eye co-ordination and general skill at the game. 'course with outdoor you also have the ability to "lay-out" (dive for the disc) more often, you could do it indoors but there are all those nasty walls and hard floors to contend with.
| ||
| Snow Day 1/12/10 |
Since it's been quite quiet round here (least from my perspective), we've had a little too much time around the flat and have begun to ponder what flavour crisps would go well in a strawberry jam sandwich. It's weird but it keeps us occupied and you never know we might discover some kind of awesome new student food that both cheap and tastes awesome. We've done a little research but haven't turned up anything good so far, but we'll keep working on it.
I did think of giving story writing another go, but I can't seem to come up with any good ideas. I mean I've got plenty of time but it's one of those things that you have to be in the mood to do and have an idea of what you wanna do as well. For now? I'll stick to reading and leave the writing to the professionals.
Catch ya later folks.
No comments:
Post a Comment