Tuesday, 7 February 2012

Snow! And that's pretty much it.

Well it snowed this weekend which always puts me in a good mood. I love the snow, always have done, always will do. I know that when it falls the country descends into snow filled chaos as we're never prepared to deal with it. We are forecast snow and we're told that the government is ready to spring into action and make life way less difficult but they never do. Yeah you may have fuck-tonnes of rock salt/grit but what good is it sitting in the distribution centre? Why aren't you out there....you know, distributing it? Not that I'm really complaining, my travel plans weren't influenced by it in any way shape or form. I got to go out with some mates and have a midnight snowball fight. Was one of the best times I've had out in the snow, but I still maintain that a three-man slingshot would've made it a lot more fun.

Aside from the snow, it's been business as usual around here. Although I did discover that the IT support guys around here aren't as good as you'd think they are. Went in there about an update problem that had been troubling me for about a month, they said they were busy with a bunch of laptops with virus' and that I'd tried most of the things they'd have done anyway (Reverting to an earlier restore point/running virus scans). That's fair enough, I'll wait my turn and until then I'll see if I can find a solution myself. Sure enough that night I fixed the problem and now my laptop is working fine again. The flatmates said I should see if they have any part time work going, think it's taking the piss slightly but I can see where they're coming from.

Can't say there's much going on this week really. It's meant to snow again this weekend which I sincerely hope it does. Although it might make Alex's birthday celebrations a little bit difficult but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. It should be a good night if we are able to go through with it though. 

On a more important note lectures are beginning to cover new topics such as the structure of the skin and fingerprints. Chemistry is still boring as sin but that's just because it's A-Level all over again really. I'm not the greatest at chemistry but I remember enough that so far chemistry has consisted of me getting more and more annoyed at angry birds. That game is designed to hate people. Seriously it needs to die in a hole somewhere, as much fun as it is and a great way to waste time it hates me. 

Think I've rambled long enough to make a decent length post so I'll go and do nothing constructive now. 

Catch ya later folks =)

No comments:

Post a Comment