Monday, 14 May 2012

Coming to a close....

The End of Year Meal
So the end of year meal with the Frisbee guys was on Tuesday. It was a great night out. Had a really good laugh with the gang, however I didn't have the moneys to go to Home (it's a club...what a stupid name eh?) and so had to cut my night short....not that I was particularly bothered considering I don't drink and so don't really enjoy clubbing. Still it was a good night and was nice to see everyone. Not really much else to say about it. It was a good laugh and it was fun seeing everyone but it sucks to think that now we'll hardly ever (if at all) see the leavers. They're a really nice group of people and really made me feel at home with the club (....might have said all this before but hey). I'm probably going to see a few of them again in July for Ben's stag tournament. He's getting married and so decided to host a tournament to commemorate the occasion. Might even see some of them at Copa Del Soul in June (if I'm able to make it), playing some ultimate on the beach should be a good laugh...provided the weather is good.

Had one of, if not, our last outdoor sessions on Saturday. I'm not sure what to think about outdoor Frisbee. It's alot of fun but I'm not sure if I prefer it to indoors or not. For some reason I can throw a half decent forehand outdoors but when I try and throw them indoors they go all to hell and straight into the ground...I dunno, I guess it'll take some time to learn I guess. I know most of the other freshers (well....we're not exactly freshers anymore) have pretty much mastered it now but we all have our strengths I guess. I mean (and I don't wanna seem like I'm bragging or anything but...) I might not be the best on the disc but I'm pretty freaking swift which I'd say is my main redeeming feature. I'm working on my catches and grabs for when I'm in the end-zone which is probably not the best of calls considering how short I am (5ft 10inches isn't all that short) I can get out jumped quite easily by the taller players.


Exams start this week....today in fact. Quantitative Methods in Science kicked things off. I've always been okay when working with numbers but this was a whole different ball game. It wasn't great....I wrote an answer for everything but whether or not it was the right one is another box of frogs. 1 down, 4 to go. I'm looking forward to getting these out the way though. Sooner I'm done with these the better really. I mean 5 exams in 3 weeks? I reckon I can take them. 40% to pass this year is all I need and then I can go into a long ass summer without too much to think about. I'm mostly concerned with QM and CSI really, since they're the only new topics. Biology and Chemistry I've mostly done before at A-Level so I should be all right with them....I hope. We'll just have to wait and see how it goes I guess. 


In other news my birthday is in 13 days. I'm not particularly excited about it in all honesty. I'm away from home and I've got an exam 2 days later so I can't really go out and do anything for it....not that I would anyways since I (as I've said) don't drink all that much and I don't really enjoy clubbing. I might just wait until after exams and celebrate it then, probably with a quiet drink down the pub or something. Not even sure who'll still be around for it, alot of people finish before I do and will probably go home so it might end up being a lonely one for me but again we'll have to wait and see. 

I'm really getting quite tired of that phrase....

Catch ya later folks

No comments:

Post a Comment