Monday, 28 May 2012

Burgers, Bike Rides and Birthdays.

Well I'm down to my last exam on Tuesday. Biology and Chemistry weren't too bad. Think I've done well enough to pass so that's all that matters really. I'm not looking forward to Tuesday's exam in the morning. I'm not prepared for it in the slightest. Maths sucks. As soon as I get out of that exam I'm heading straight home and putting on the floral shorts and doing shit all for the rest of the day. Wednesday should be a good laugh since its the last major Frisbee get together, It'll be nice to see everyone again before I leave for the motherland on Saturday.


The finished product
We had a bed delivered to the house on Wednesday. That was fun constructing that with Alex, Dan and Willis. Surprisingly it went together really easily, although Willis thinks the design is stupid since it doesn't provide holes for the screws to be screwed in. We proper set up to camp out up there for the day since we were also expecting the fridge to be delivered, which it wasn't, any time between 8 and 12 I think. Me and Willis had to cut and run though since we had an exam 2-4pm, Chemistry. After that finished we went back up there for a BBQ with the gang and a couple of Willis' flatmates, Tabs and Jade, since the weather has been awesome recently. It was a good laugh although I got given the nickname of Brian as in Brian Griffin because I'm a Frisbee playing dog that apparently looks like Brian....I don't see it. Still it was nice sitting around and enjoying the sunshine and having the first BBQ of the year.


The gang chillin' in the garden
Me, 5miles from Lincoln
Thursday I decided to take the day off from everything properly since I'd just had two exams. Since the weather was great again I decided to go take my bike for a run along the river. It was great stretching the legs, Took ages to cover 5 miles at first though but that was because I was taking it slow to take in the scenary. Then it got to about 2 o'clock and I thought I should probably head back and get some lunch, so I did, managed to cover the 5miles in about 40mins, which although isn't a spectacular pace it's pretty good for not having cycled properly in ages. It's one nice cycle path, I'll have to finish the 31mile run to Boston at some point although that'll turn into a 62mile round trip which'll be a chore....have to dedicate a whole day to it. It's a beautiful route to ride. It's quiet and secluded, surprisingly popular too, the number of walkers and cyclists I encountered was pretty cool. Everyone seemed to be out and about enjoying the brilliant blue skies and glorious sunshine.


Some guy enjoying the sun
Friday was a day where I planned to do some revision but in the end I didn't get round to it. Instead I ended up going to see Men in Black 3, going up the pub and then to Riley's for a couple games of snooker with the guys to celebrate my birthday. MiB3 was good, surprisingly good if I'm honest. I was expecting it to be pretty bad but it was actually pretty good, I enjoyed it at least. Then we journeyed to Maccy D's for dinner and from there up the pub to chill out for a bit before heading to Riley's for some snooker and pool. We discovered that we're all pretty bad at snooker. I dunno what it is about it but I love playing snooker on a full table, there's just something about it. I used to be okay at it but I haven't played in over a year and it showed, but now that we're members and it's cheap enough to play then I can see us spending a helluva lot of time there and becoming pretty good.


My birthday present from the girls
Saturday was Mum's birthday. Of course I was up in Lincoln still so I phoned Mum to say happy birthday. She seemed like she was in a good mood and about to have a nice day with Stacie at the Summer Fete. They were having a BBQ back in Billericay since the weather was good and here in Lincoln was no exception, went to have a BBQ with Willis' flatmates and watch the England match. I was originally meant to go hang out with the Frisbee guys and watch Eurovision with them but I sorta forgot and by the time I'd realised it was kinda too late, but we're now hanging out on Wednesday which should be cool. The football was boring as sin, we only caught the second half but stars and stones was it boring. Nothing happened in the whole 48mins of play, it was shit. We won 1-0 due to a goal scored in the 9th minute but we didn't deserve the win, Norway had alot more of the possession and should have won.


My birthday present from the guys
Sunday was my birthday, woop. Spent the day intending to do revision for Tuesday's exam but not really making any effort towards it....Instead I went to hang out on the Architecture field with Alana, Willis and eventually Ant. The idea was to help Alana with her revision, which I think we did quite well, and then have a bit of a throw about, but the throw about didn't really happen all that much and we mostly just ended up laying in the sun. Then it was off back home to just chill and kill the rest of the day.


Last exam tomorrow morning.....I'm not confident about it in the slightest....gunna do some last minute revision today and hope some of it sinks in but we'll see I guess. Hopefully I'll be able to do enough to scrape a pass and if not then there's always the resits in August but positive thoughts. Dr. Pepper once asked "Whats the worst that can happen?"


Catch ya later folks

No comments:

Post a Comment