Monday, 11 June 2012

Tennis, woo!

First off, I'm not posting a link to this anywhere to actually see who (if anyone) goes out of their way to read this and I know I said I probably wouldn't update this weekly since nothing is likely to happen but that doesn't mean I haven't got anything to talk about. The outdoor tennis season has started! Woo!

Most people would say tennis is a boring sport to watch and that all it is is two people knocking a ball over a net back and forth. They wouldn't be wrong in saying that but I don't think its boring to watch at all. It's fast and furious and quite unpredictable. Its one of the few sports I actually enjoy watching being played and playing although I'm not particularly good but I still enjoy playing it. I've been dying to get on a tennis court since the french open started but the weather has been shit and prevented it from happening. Tennis in the pouring rain is not the best idea. We tried it once....we didn't go out in the rain to play in the tennis, the forecast was good but turned miserable pretty fast but since we were there we thought fuck it and carried on. Water flicked off the ball straight into our eyes, it sucked. Can't wait for the weather to improve so that I can actually go out and do something physical....I'm beginning to get a little restless since I haven't done anything yet this summer. I'm gunna miss playing Ultimate something terrible....

So the French Open finished today. It was a brilliant match between Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic, two of the best players I've seen. Although I don't like Djokovic he played a good game but I'm glad he didn't get the title. Nadal played brilliantly as always and only dropped one set but even that was a battle for Djokovic to take. The fourth and final set I didn't see but since it went 5 games to 7 for Nadal I'm guessing it was a good one, making this his 7th French Open win, something only one other person has achieved. Here's hoping he puts on another awesome display at Wimbledon in a few weeks, course that won't happen unless the weather improves...It's been hammering down all day.....

Catch ya later folks

No comments:

Post a Comment