http://apps.facebook.com/picturelinelandscape/Contest.psp?c=142304&u=19392&a=366163073439588&p=28861182380&v=Entry&id=416374&rest=1
Which if you could vote for him that'd be great, you can vote once a day but I doubt anyone that reads this will vote but it's worth a shot right?
We were quite lucky really, the weather forecast predicted clear skies and high temperatures and was reasonably accurate for the most part. There was a brief cloudy moment but other then that it stayed bright and clear.
We originally planned on spending a while in the Natural History Museum and the Science Museum but time was kinda against us due to our travel cards for the day, so we decided against the museums and took to the streets and headed for the embankment. That was possibly the best decision we made all day. We got there just as the sun was passing behind Big Ben (see the photo below) and it looked stunning. Ali (being the flash bastard he is) got some incredible HDR combination shots, his version of the Big Ben photo is far better then mine because of the combined lighting effects of three exposures.
Unfortunately time was quite tight while we were there and we didn't get to see all we wanted to which was a shame but I think we massively underestimated how long we'd need, 1 day is nowhere near enough time so maybe some time later in the holidays we'll head back up there with a bit more time to spare and see what we can do.
All in all though it was a fantastic day out. The weather was great all day and I got to walk around London again and see some of the sights that I hadn't seen before. I really hope we get to go up there again sometime soon, maybe with a few more people, although they might get annoyed with me and Ali stopping all the time to take a photo of something.
| I'm not sure why, but I absolutely love this lion. |
I'm amazed by the variety of different architectural styles around London. You can get buildings that are hundreds of years old next to those that are no more then 10 and while you'd think that seeing that kind of difference would be sort of an eyesore but for some reason it works. I for one love it, although I'm sure there are plenty of people who would argue differently but for me I like it. I think its great seeing the modern meet the old. Admittedly there are places where it doesn't work and it just looks ridiculous but for the most part I like it.
In other news, Wimbledon starts today. This is one of my favourite events to watch, second only to the winter olympics when they roll around. I'm really looking forward to seeing some great tennis played by some of the greatest players. It'll be interesting to see how this one plays out. I'd love to see John Isner climb the ranks ever since watching his marathon of a match against Nicolas Mahut.
I'm up in Lincoln soon for the Stag on Ben tournament which should be amazing. Get to play some ultimate for the weekend and get to see some of the guys from the club which'll be great. I've missed both the sport and the gang quite a bit, and the weather being piss poor hasn't helped matter. Thankfully it's starting to improve so hopefully I'll be able to get outside and play some tennis or talk some friends into going for a throw about. I haven't picked up a disc since I left Lincoln for the summer so I dread to think how I'm gunna perform at the tourney.
Well the tennis is on as I'm writing this so I'm gunna stop and watch it properly. Sharapova is putting down another incredible performance, it's always impressive to watch.
Catch ya later folks
No comments:
Post a Comment