Monday, 6 August 2012

Gold rush

Don't ya just hate it when Monday kinda sneaks up on you? I woke up this morning thinking it was still Sunday....no idea why. Anyways, last week I said I wasn't really following the Olympics and I'm still kinda not, I couldn't tell you who won what in what event for which countries other than Michael Phelps is pretty much the USA swimming team and destroying everyone at pretty much all the swimming events and that Team GB came from nowhere to end up 3rd on the medal table, seemingly taking all the golds they could in about 4days....Oh and Andy Murray took Olympic Gold yesterday from Roger Federer! Other then that? I got nothing.

Yeah. You read that right. Murray took the freaking Gold from Roger Federer! It was undoubtedly the best I've ever seen Murray play. He was incredible. Admittedly he had a bit of a shakey start but after the first few games he really picked himself up and went on to storm it, at one point he took 10 games in a row, one after another....that's almost unheard of, especially when talking about Murray and yet yesterday we all saw it happen. Federer was playing great, he always does, but he was definitely not at the top of his game. I kept thinking "Maybe he's holding back to let Murray get overconfident?" but as Murray took the first and second sets I began to wonder if Federer was injured or something. Then the third and final set rolled around, Federer seemed to rally himself (no pun intended) and fight back but it was a case of too little too late and Murray went on to secure a straight sets victory, 6-2, 6-1, 6-4. Truly was the best I've ever seen him play, he fully deserved the Gold medal.

In other news, I've decided to start running. After not doing anything for 3months I thought I'd better start doing something if I'm going to survive the first training session when I get back to Lincoln. First time I ran my 2.1mile lap I was aiming for 20mins, since that's standard length of an indoor frisbee match, and got 19:35 which I think was pretty damned good even though when I got back I didn't feel like moving again ever. Second time I got 18:26 and then today I got 16:52. It hurt. It hurt alot. Fastest time I've put down so far, I think I'm just gunna have to try and equal it for a while, since that was a battle. I was and still am knackered. But it's good practice for when I get back right?

Went to a BBQ round Matt's on Friday night. That was hilarious, although the next day everyone was complaining of gnat bites, I counted 11 on just my legs....wearing shorts seemed like such a good idea that morning but then the next day....bad move Spud. Oh well, live and learn right? Still the night was a good laugh. Spent a while air banding in his living room with Connor and Toby 'cause we're just that cool.

Well that's pretty much all I've got to say at the moment,

Catch ya later folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment