Tuesday, 18 September 2012

Fresh eyes?

Another late one....I did fully intend on writing it earlier I just kinda forgot...although it's not like any readers of this thing complain about it being late, even if it is by a day.....

Anyways, been back in Lincs for 2 weeks now, without any luck on the job front.......oh well. Not like I haven't looked, but everywhere I've been so far is just looking for Christmas temp work and that would mean having to stay in Lincoln over Christmas.....Needless to say, that's not going to happen. Christmas is my favourite time of year as I'm sure I've mentioned but I couldn't stay in Lincoln for the whole thing...

The freshers are now about and getting in the way which means the freshers fayre is soon which should be great for the Ultimate guys, we need to recruit some newbies. We had a training session today which was......tiring to say the least. It was good to actually get back into some form of physical activity. Got another session on Friday which I'm really looking forward to although I expect it to be just as knackering.

Hard to think that this time a year ago I was one of the new guys both scared and excited in equal measure to see what the year would bring and how things were gunna pan out. Scared 'cause I'd never been away from home this long a time and having to survive on my own and excited to meet new people, start training for the job I want and all that other cool stuff you get to do while at Uni.

Now? I'm a grizzled 2nd year where things have begun to lose their novelty and the lame truth that the hard work starts now has begun to sink in. Would I go back and change anything I did last year? You know, I don't think I would actually. I mean don't get me wrong there were some experiences I'd rather not go through again but everything has it's ups and downs, there's nothing I'd like to inherently change. I've said it before and I'll say it again that the best choice I ever made last year was joining the Ultimate guys at the start of the year (Maybe that'll help draw in some freshers....I am sports personality after all!).

My timetable for the year is up....it is unpleasant in places. Nothing too bad but it's still not great, although when comparing it with Alex's engineering timetable it looks like a walk in the park compared to what he's gotta put up with.

There's still not all that much happening around here for the moment, but I guess when training and Uni start up again properly next week then things will liven up, 'til then there's not really all that much to say. House warming party on Friday should be a laugh although I'm not exactly ecstatic about going out clubbing afterwards....I always find it so boring and I think I'm beginning to come down with a cold but hey ho, pretty sure the guys' response would be "Man up!" so I'll just have to take it in stride.

Catch ya later folks

PS. Dad's Birthday on the 19th, Happy Birthday Pops, sorry I'm not able to be there for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment