Yeah, I'm writing this one early (still publish it in the morning) as my Monday timetable for tomorrow (and the next few weeks) appears to have been spawned by Satan himself. I mean who in their right mind thinks that a 9am start on the first day back is a good idea? And then to finish said day at 5pm? Seriously, are you trying to melt our brains in the first day? We've been outta the game for 3months and you think the best way to break us back into this whole "learning" things is with a 7hr day on some topics that are less than pleasant? I know I said last year that I wanted things to liven up and be a bit more interesting but don't you think this is taking things to the extreme? All I can say is that if I didn't have some addiction to caffeine before this, I sure as hell will afterwards.
Anyways, enough with the rhetorics. As you can guess I'm a little less than pleased with my timetable. It's not the best thing I've ever seen but Alex's is far far worse. I've got the odd 9-5 here and there, he's got them pretty much permanently. Poor bastard, no wonder engineers tend to go insane and invent killer robots. I don't appreciate the lecturers lying to us and saying that 9am starts were just for first years, what a load of crap. Pretty much everyday I'm in Uni has a 9am start and quite often it's 9-10 and that's it. There is nothing more annoying than waking up for a lecture for an hour and that's it, we all know that once you get up and dressed and all that stuff then there's no real going back to sleep....freaking pain in the ass if you ask me, I mean why can't they put a bunch of our lectures on the same day? (Crap there's another rhetoric...) Yeah we'd probably still complain but I personally would prefer having nothing on 3 other days of the week and having the 4 other hours in one day!
Okay, rant over....for now. The Frisbee taster session for all the newbies was Saturday (yesterday at time of writing). It was alot of fun and we met a lot of new and friendly faces. The weather was bright, clear and calm so the conditions were almost ideal if there wasn't such a chill in the air but otherwise it was pretty good. The freshers seemed to enjoy themselves, it'll be nice to see how many of them actually make a return although most of them seemed like they would. The one thing that was slightly disappointing is the lack of female freshers, after losing a couple of our experienced female players last year we don't have a full team of girls which is a shame. Of course there's still time for more people to turn up (couple weeks) so some more might join.
Other reasonably important news? Borderlands 2 came out this week. So far it's awesome (from what little I've played) it's just like the original Borderlands but they have improved the things that needed improving and have made it a helluva lot more fun, I mean the first one was pretty funny but this one has a load more hilarious moments. I would write a bit more about it but this post is already a wall of text (I really need to get out and take a few pictures) so I will save the more indepth review until later.
Catch ya later folks
No comments:
Post a Comment