Tuesday, 15 January 2013

Snow worries!

Sorry it's a day late, sorta forgot to write the post til around midnight last night.

Having a skylight is awesome
Last week was exam week as I mentioned in last Monday's post. Well there's not alot for me to say about it really. Exams are never fun at the best of times and these were no exception. Some were worse than others and some were better. All in all I don't think I've done too badly, least I hope not. The last exam of the week though was ridiculous. There were too many people for the room we had and we didn't have enough exam papers so we had to sit there for half an hour waiting for some copies to be made which threw everyone's focus. We sat there talking for half an hour so when we finally did get under way no-one was really focused on the task at hand. The exam content was predictably difficult considering the module and how everyone feels it was taught to us and there were a couple questions in there that everyone swears we were never taught and yet still asked about. It's not like we could have done any extra reading as we weren't given a reading list or even a chapter list for the lecture slides. All in all that exam was a travesty. If I pass it'll be nothing short of a miracle.

This weekend was the York Indoor Tournament (Yindoor 2013) and lets just say it was a little different to the average indoor tournament. Their sports hall was pretty much a big tent...literally a big tent. Due to the tent being outside without any heaters or anything everyone pretty much froze as it was icy cold all weekend with little to no respite. The tournament itself was really fun and I quite enjoyed it. I think I played a bit better than I have done recently which is good. We had quite a successful weekend, holding 10th seed, but we should have been playing in the Plate final against 9th seed. However due to some odd structuring we didn't get to play off against them for both the Plate and for 9th seed. Personally I had a great time playing with the team and getting to play some more ultimate even in the subzero temperatures. Chris bought a card game called Jungle Speed for the train journey and to kill time while we were there. I think it nearly gave Jon a stomach ulcer, everyone sitting on the edge of their seats playing what's effectively a more intense game of snap. Not really all that much else to say about the weekend really. It was a good laugh and we played some really good frisbee.

The view from out my skylight
Yesterday (the day this should have been written/posted) brought one of my favourite things ever to the Shire....Snow! As you can probably guess, facebook lit up like a christmas tree with everyone talking about the fact that it's snowing and everything. I love the snow, I'm just kinda sad that I haven't been able to go out and mess about in it. It's mostly melted now and we didn't go to play YOLO frisbee (You Only Lay Out) which sucks but we're forecast some more snow on friday which will be great if we get it and it settles 'cause then hopefully we will get to go play some snow frisbee!

I'm hoping the icy conditions hold off for tomorrow at least so that Christina's parents can come visit her for her birthday. Usually the more snow we get the better but since this country seems to break as soon as we get anything more than a light dusting, it'd be great if it held off just for a day. Thursday it can full on blizzard if it likes and I'll welcome it with open arms, but for now I'm happy for it to stay clear and bright.

Well that's pretty much all I've got to say for now....

Catch ya later folks

No comments:

Post a Comment