Been back in Lincoln since Friday now, so what have I been up to?
Well I saw Christina on the first night back which was great but since I haven't exactly slept properly in about 2 weeks, I was feeling kinda under the weather which sucked but it was great to see her again nonetheless. We caught up and watched a couple movies which was awesome! Then it was on to the weekend with the Frisbee family and LSD Warm-up!
 |
| Despite the injury she's still smiling on Sunday |
I brought Christina along on the Saturday so she could meet the family and find out what it is I spend so much of my time doing. Sadly I forgot my camera for the Saturday so I don't have any photos of it, however hopefully Adam or some of the others will have a few photos to share at some stage. I can't remember who we played when or what our scorelines were but I can tell you we lost every match which sucked. The opposition would take an early lead and we would begin to pull it back towards the end but then we'd run out of time and ultimately (no pun intended....seriously) we'd lose. Part of our slow response might have been due to rustiness and all that Christmas food slowly being burnt off. I'd go into more detail on our first day but I honestly can't say much more about it...my memory is awful which doesn't bode well since I've just started exams....I do remember having an incredibly close game though where it could have gone either way but we had a few unlucky drops and that kinda lost it for us. I also had a shocker of a game at some point which I feel was the main reason we lost that game...I made some very stupid drops that should not have been drops, needless to say I got subbed off and stayed off for that match. I also managed to injure Alana with a shit forehand disc that didn't do what it should have done, caused her to fall awkwardly onto her wrist in the second match, becoming quite a handicap for the rest of the weekend, nice one me!
 |
| Team 3 huddle before the Spoon final |
 |
| The victors and their trophy |
Day 2! Sunday was just as disappointing a result as Saturday but we gave it our all and ran into the same trouble as we did on Saturday, we'd begin to pull it back and run out of time. Don't get me wrong we had our moments and we put in some awesome points at times but in the end time was against us. Personally think that our freshers (Carlton, Pete and Amy) really came into their own this weekend, I'd go as far as to say they out played me. It's unfortunate we didn't win anything and lost or battle for the Spoon against Team 2 which we took an early lead in but I think fatigue set in and we began to get a little lax and that cost us the win. I did remember my camera for Sunday which was good, I'm happy with the photos I did get. Team 1 did brilliantly all weekend and managed to place first and win the trophy! All in all it was a great tournament to play in. Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves, I know I did. I'm now really looking forward to the proper tournament in April where we should get more teams which should add to the already great atmosphere!
I'm possibly heading to York this weekend coming for another tournament depending on how many people decide to go. I figure that the best way for me to try and improve is trial by fire. Although I'm kinda dubious about going as I don't want to go and be a hindrance more than a help...but I guess the only way I can improve is by actually playing and trying to improve.
Today was the start of the exam week.....I haven't prepared anywhere near as well as I should have done but hey ho....it's too late to start revising now, cramming always seems to have a negative effect on me. The first exam was tough and I won't be surprised if I fail....oh well, got three more to go....I'm not looking forward to this week at all....
Catch ya later folks
No comments:
Post a Comment