Wednesday, 30 January 2013

1 Year On....

Yeah, it's two days late but there's a reason for it this time. I first made this thing on the 30/1/2012, so this is kind of a special post.

So it's been a year? What's changed? In short I won an award, we viewed some houses, got some keys to the new house, I got a year older, I met a girl, played in regionals and saw a band but I'm still the same old me just with a few new battlescars and experiences but all in all I'm still the same Spud y'all know and love. I'd give a recap of events but there's nothing really for me to say that I haven't said before in previous posts.

The question is have I changed much as a person since being here? Personally I'd say no I haven't but I'm sure others would disagree with me. I came to Uni scared about living on my own and trying to survive without the comforts of home and having to fend for myself. Now I don't give coming back up here after spending a month or so at home. It's my home away from home, there's a few differences in things but nothing too severe and I like to think I'm managing just fine.

For the blog's anniversary post I really don't have much to say....

The past week? Only a few things spring to mind. Spent the weekend with Christina which was awesome. We didn't have to get up for anything but still ended up waking up around half 8. We spent all of Friday laying in bed watching tennis and some awesome films. We pretty much did the same on Saturday too, we woke up and rediscovered the Jackie Chan Adventures cartoon though and that was pretty freaking awesome. It's been years since I last saw that show and had forgotten how awesome it was. Now we kinda have to watch all of it.

Oh yeah, I became an uncle for the third time too. Lexi Olivia King joined us in the early hours Friday morning. I don't really have much more to say on the subject as I'm yet to meet the kid. I should be journeying home sometime soon to meet her though. I kinda feel sorry for my sister and brother-in-law as they now have three daughters to deal with....all of whom will be teenagers at roughly the same time. Good luck with that! So glad I'm only their uncle, don't have to deal with the constant screaming and arguing. Don't get me wrong I love my nieces but they can be really, really loud and quiet annoying at times.

Well I'm pretty much done for now. I was going to make this post like some kind of clip show and look back on everything I've done over the year but that'd take far to freaking long and would just be repeating everything I'd already said before.

Catch ya later folks

No comments:

Post a Comment