Monday, 4 February 2013

Deep breaths...

From here on out I'll do my best to try and return to posting every Monday now....


The Cathedral from the overpass.
So this week has had its ups and downs. Not going to go into too much detail, lets just say it resulted in me going to meet a few friends and have a couple drinks to try and take the edge off. Then we went training which was a laugh as always, can't say it was my best performance but hey ho. Outdoor regionals are coming up soon so we should probably start training outdoors again if we want even a hope of claiming a place at nationals.

I put my bike into the repair shop so they could replace the rear brake cable then went for a 20km bike ride along the river on Friday. After not having ridden for a good few months this probably wasn't my smartest decision but hell I did it anyway. Just glad the weather held out, despite being kinda windy and cold the sun was shining so it really helped to pick my mood up. I listened to some Emancipator for the entire ride and I have to say they have some of the most relaxing music I've ever listened to, really helps you chill out and clear your head.

Saturday was a pretty regular day, went to Christina's and watched Return of the King with her finally. She said she enjoyed the trilogy but I'm not sure if she actually enjoyed them or was just saying that because she knows how much I love those movies.


The view towards Lincoln from 5 Mile Bridge
Sunday I went to lunch with Christina and her family as a belated birthday lunch due to all the snow and everything making her folks unable to get up here for her actual birthday. We went to Pizza Hut and had a really good time, grabbed the table balloons for Christina because we all know she wanted them but was too embarrassed to take them herself. Then I went and killed time in the Library til training at 3 which was pretty freaking knackering as always. After training I came home, showered, got some food and then went to stay at Christina's. We watched Top Gear and then most of The Fast and The Furious before falling asleep.

That's pretty much all I've got to say for now


Catch ya later folks

No comments:

Post a Comment