![]() |
| He takes your wife hostage simply 'cause he can. |
![]() |
| Possibly one of the most iconic scenes. |
![]() |
| Badass. |
I'm not saying the movie is outwardly bad, I didn't enjoy it because I found it was too far flung from the originals I know and love so well. It's not a Die Hard movie in the sense that I'd like, it's just another action film. As a stand alone movie it'd be fantastic but as an extension to the Die Hard franchise it's a travesty. The scripting isn't up to scratch and the stunts are obviously faked, admittedly they're really well CGI'd but still faked. The villain lacks defining character and the plot is kinda hazy and unclear for most of the film but like I've said, if it was just another action movie, not a Die Hard, then it'd be great. The action scenes are good, the pyro is pretty spectacular, the car chase is pretty intense and the plot is almost non-existant, all good things with regards to modern day action movies, Christina loves it for all those reasons and she loved the previous films too.
It's a good film if you just want to see some gun fights and explosions and Bruce Willis kicking some more ass (even if it's not clear why) but not if you want to see a Die Hard movie like the ones you (and I) have gotten to love. I was disappointed with it because I was expecting it to be more like the movies that have come before it, but you might not be Mr. (or Mrs. or Miss or Ms.) Reader.
Catch ya later folks



No comments:
Post a Comment