Bowled Over
So, this week there hasn't been all that much happening, skipping ahead to Thursday.
 |
| Carlton and Dan |
Super League matches take place during Thursday training every fortnight and are an internal tournament for the Frisbee guys. This year there are 4 teams, Red, Green, Blue and Yellow. I'm on Blue team again, consisting of Adam, Tibs, Isak, Will and Tom. Last time we played we were against Green team and I think we just lost, but I can't quite remember. This week however we were against Yellow team and won! We traded points for a while and then we eventually broke away to take the lead and the win. As always with playing a team you know it was a good laugh and enjoyable all round. It started off shockingly though with people making silly drops that should never have happened, towards the end of the game however things really tightened up and things got alot closer and alot more tense. Next time we've got to play Red team which shouldn't be any harder than Yellow team and should be a great match.
 |
| Ayyyy Sexay Ladies! |
Friday was a good one, Christina came with me and the Frisbee family bowling. We've not had a bowling social before and I was looking forward to it, even though the last time I went bowling I got beaten quite horrifically by Christina, this time was no different. We played 2 games and in both I did quite badly, barely getting above 60 points each time. In the second game though Christina came third overall beating me and about 7 other people by quite a margin. It was a great night out and I hope we do it again at some point, it'd be a good laugh again I'm sure. Petey somehow managed to throw something like 5 gutter balls in a row....no-one's quite sure how. Nick and Sarah (2 of the newbies) turned up which I wasn't expecting but it was a pleasant surprise, nice to see them getting more involved with the club, hopefully they'll stay with us. We're always looking for new players and anyone is welcome, its always good to see some new friendly faces. People went out clubbing afterwards and somehow one of them (not naming names) managed to break their toe with no recollection of how.
Saturday was a lazy day with me and Christina doing not alot all day and Sunday followed suit until I had to go to training which being a Sunday was a good laugh as always and one helluva run around. Then I got home to play Dead Space 3 with Ali which I've been waiting to do since it arrived on Thursday.
 |
| One set of scores.... |
 |
| ...The other set. |
I like the Dead Space games, they do a fantastic job of creating a tense and scary atmosphere, least they used to. I always find it more scary when there is a tense atmosphere than when something is simply jumpy. You see it all the time in movies....you get that brief second of being on edge then nothing for another 20mins until the next "jumpy" moment which more often than not you can see coming anyway! I prefer the kind of scary where even after the movie is over or you've stopped playing the game you still get that niggling feeling that you should check over your shoulder at some point just to be sure. Anyways, Dead Space 3 seems to have all the aspects we know and love with a few minor tweaks and additions. Instead of going to the in game store and buying supplies you now collect materials and craft most of your own gear (eg. weapons and armour upgrades) which I haven't quite decided whether or not is a bad thing. There's also an online Co-Op mode which Dead Space has always seemed to lack and now that it's here I'm not sure if I like it or not. Yeah now you get to stomp necromorphs with a buddy (Ali) and we're damned good at it too but it seems to detract from the atmosphere of terror that goes with these games. This one doesn't seem anywhere near as tense as the first one, although that might just be to do with the fact that I've been playing it with Ali and so we've been talking and there's not that sense of isolation there was in the first two. Isaac does interact with a number of other human characters throughout all of the games, but there's still that feeling of isolation when exploring the corridors and rooms of the derelict and wrecked ships in the first 2 that doesn't seem to be there in the third. Again that might be due to having the ability to Co-Op and have someone watching your back....although I've played part of it on single player and again the atmosphere didn't seem anywhere near as tense. It's not that the game isn't difficult, because it is, it just doesn't seem to be as scary. The abundance of Med-Kits at the start of an area may be annoying as you can't fit anything in your inventory due to all of the med-kits but by the end of the level you'll be cursing yourself for being so haphazard with them and just hoping to find one in a container somewhere before the necromorph that's been chasing you for 10 minutes because you ran out of ammo, decides it's bored and wants to redecorate the walls with your intestines.
Today? I haven't been up to much really. Played some more Dead Space but that's about it really. Keep getting reports of snow seemingly everywhere but here. There's a light dusting on the ground here but everywhere else seems to be knee deep in the stuff and it's annoying. I want to play snow frisbee dammit!
Catch ya later folks
 |
| Everyone all together |
No comments:
Post a Comment