First off, watch this video then keep reading. I promise you it's not a viral video or anything stupid like that. It's a TED talk about quite an inspiring idea.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uN4I1wEOXE
So, you watch it? I did. I liked it. I liked it quite alot, enough in fact to have my own idea, a different idea. How about taking a picture a day for the next year? Not a picture of me necessarily but a picture of the world around me. It's alot like Cesar's idea of taking a second of video every day but with my own twist. It's a known fact that I enjoy photography and I like to think I'm not too bad behind a camera...so why not try it? It'd be nice to keep a record of all the pictures I can accumulate in a year (around 365 I reckon....) and see what they are and why I took them. It's only an idea at the minute but I think it could turn up some interesting stuff, although I think the second of video a day would be alot easier....hmmm I don't know, might need to think on it a little more.
So it's February, time for the Frisbee Annual General Meeting (AGM for short, no shit right?) where we meet to decide on important things for the club, mainly who our new committee is going to be. This year was a little odd to say the least....we didn't end up with a full committee....2 quite important roles went unfilled, Treasurer (controls all the money) and Tournament Director (TD - enters us into tournaments and organises our own ones). We did manage to fill all the other spots, our new boss is Lex and I couldn't think of a better person for it. New captains are Jack "Sparrow" Gray, and Tom "Tomo" Wilkins. Our new media sec is Dan "Kind-eyes" Wright and our new social sec is Luke "Ian/Tampon" Coveney. It should be an interesting new comittee, sounds like each meeting is going to take a while considering who's there....not to mention the addition of yours truly as TD (now called Teddy by our new boss....) and Rory "Roofie" Keegan as our new treasurer. We had to hold a new meeting this evening to vote on who would get the two roles as it needed to sorted and all officially and stuffs, that's why this post is up so late, I was holding fire 'til I could post up all the positions. Now all that's left to do is hand over the jobs and responsibilities in time for the upcoming LSD tournament in April. Personally think we'll do quite a good job, although it's going to suck to see the third year players leave....it won't be quite the same without them.
That's pretty much it for now folks, not much else has really happened around here. Had a couple practical exams and the like but otherwise it's pretty much the same shit, different day (first time I've said that in a while....).
Catch ya later folks
No comments:
Post a Comment