Monday, 8 April 2013

That Monday Feeling....

So it's the Monday after the weekend before and holy hellfire am I in a bad way. Everything hurts. Everything.  I normally run up stairs 2 at a time but now it's a struggle to do one step, let alone 2. If you're wondering what the hell I'm talking about, last weekend was tournament weekend!

LSD 2013 was absolutely awesome! I have to give a massive thank you first of all to Lincoln 2 for being a great team to play with for the weekend and to all the other players, friends and families that dropped by to show support, we couldn't have made it such a success without you guys!

I always have a laugh at tournaments and this one was fantastic, being on home turf and all. It was my first tournament as TD and even though I had alot of help from Cat and Chris, I feel it ran very smoothly and I did an okay to great job. Everyone I've spoken to/heard from that attended said it was a great tourney and they really enjoyed themselves. It was nice to see so many people enjoying themselves and having a good time there and hopefully we'll get to see some of them when our next LSD comes back around!

Saturday had some really awesome play from all teams that I got to observe and play against. We also put down some awesome play as Lincoln 2. My favourite match had to be against our Grads team, being ex-Lincoln players we all know each other and so it was set to be quite a fun match but at the same time we both really wanted to win as well so it became a brilliant match to play.  The fact that I scored 3 awesome points (awesome for me, my hands are never that good!) might be one of the main factors in why it was my favourite game of the not just the Saturday but the weekend. We may have lost 10 - 4 but I had a blast playing them all again.

As with all frisbee tournaments you normally have to find places for away teams to stay on the Saturday night and sometimes the Friday night as well. As I'd crashed on a couple other people's floors myself this year it was only fair I returned the favour, maybe not to the same team but still. Being my first time hosting a team I wasn't quite sure what to expect but the guys from RED were absolutely fantastic! I had a great laugh hanging out with them on Saturday and parts of Sunday. A bunch of really nice people who I'll more than happily have stay over again sometime. Me not being much of a party-er I was put through my paces looking after these guys, 3 of whom stayed out til the club closed, but I had a great laugh with them. I was a little sad to see them leave on the Sunday but  they've said I'm welcome to go play with them sometime which would be great!

Sunday had it's fair share of awesome moments too! We held an All-Star match in the middle of the day, where each team nominates a member of their team to play in the match. For some bizarre reason I got put forward for our team and maybe I wasn't the best choice but it was great fun to play in. It was just a fun game, nothing serious about it and no real rules. There was an award at the end for the most exciting player, so everyone was going out of their way to do stupid and ridiculous shit. I rarely got near the disc so I didn't do anything all that amazing but we had a great laugh doing some crazy stuff like rugby tackling the opposition or trying to steal the disc from someone's hands and run away, failing and getting carried over the endzone line....

All in all the weekend was great. Coming away from it with muscle aches in pretty much every part of my body just shows how much effort I put in and how much fun I had doing it.

The week before was different to what I was expecting...I was expecting to be home alone all week and just doing the occasional bit of work, last minute prep for the tourney and all that but then I got one helluva surprise on Monday. I was laying in bed watching Green Wing when I hear some frantic knocking on the door. My first thought is it's the neighbor come to complain about the noise, even though I've been home alone and I've got my earphones in and he's been the one playing loud music at 2am for the past 3days....so I go downstairs, unlock the door and find Christina standing on the doorstep. I just stood there stunned. I wasn't expecting anyone, let alone her since I knew (or thought I knew) that  she was back home in Attleborough....when I recovered from the shock of seeing her there I let her in and we spent the next day and part of Wednesday just chilling out and relaxing til her train home Wednesday afternoon. It was a lovely surprise to see her and I'm glad she came up to see me, I'd been missing her quite a bit...

That's pretty much all I've got to say for now. I'm home for two weeks with a bit more work to do than I planned on having to do but hey ho. I didn't have time to take any photos of the weekend but as soon as I get the chance to steal them from people I will and put them up on here.

Catch ya later folks

No comments:

Post a Comment